Skip to Navigation

Skip to Content

Reimbursement Procedures

Any person requesting reimbursement from the department for expenses involving travel, miscellaneous items or entertainment costs must follow the instructions below as recommended by Claudia Cohen Hall Business Administration Services. You should also visit their website for a detailed description of various reimbursement matters.

All reimbursements must be submitted within 182 days (6 months) of the ending date of the trip or event. Failure to do so will result in the expense being declined for reimbursement.


1. Keep all original receipts. Only ORIGINAL receipts are accepted when requesting reimbursement.

2. All small receipts must be secured with scotch tape to 8½ x 11 paper. Staples are not to be used, as Accounts Payable cannot scan pages with staples. Loose receipts will not be accepted. Receipts that are the size of standard paper do not need to be taped to another large piece of paper. Submitting loose receipts to the office will only delay your reimbursement, as we will have to return them to you so that you can organize them properly.

3. All persons must complete and sign one of the following:

Travel Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)
For travel, please fill out Parts 1 and 2.

All students requesting reimbursement for travel, must also complete:
Student Travel Statement of Business Connection Form (PDF)

Business Meal/Entertainment Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)

You must also print and fill out your name and signature ONLY on the travel reimbursement form. This must accompany your meal reimbursement form.

These forms are also available on the Claudia Cohen Hall Business Administration Services website.

4. All airline receipts must be in the form of passenger receipt or copy of electronic ticket. In the case of an electronic ticket, proof of payment, preferably a credit card statement indicating the charge, must accompany the e-ticket receipt. For hotel, the invoice which is customarily issued at checkout and appropriate credit card or cash receipt is required.

5. Per diems cover meals only—not lodging. If you drive your own vehicle for business purposes (excluding commuting to and from work) you will be reimbursed the current federal mileage reimbursement rate.

Please submit all completed forms, pasted receipts and other items to Joan Plonski in the Department of History Office, College Hall 208. Any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.